THE Trustees of Dalgarven Mill Museum are delighted to acknowledge a donation from Dalry Parish Boundary Trust, sponsored by Community Windpower, which has made the rebuilding of the water wheel on which they rely a possibility.

This is the third rebuilding since 1985, but the first time they have been able to use Scottish elm from trees grown in Perthshire and Dumfries and Galloway and sawn in Dalkeith.

This is also the first time they have used timber straight from the saw, and although they had a few teething problems, the end result proved nothing short of magnificent.

The mill dates back to 1203, with major additions in 1622 and1880 until restored in 1985 but only help from the community, such as this latest grant will guarantee their continued survival.

The museum members can be seen receiving the cheque from Trust members.