BOAT BLAZE AT MARINA
Fire started in the engine room compartment of tug
FIRE crews extinguished a blaze on board a ship at Ardrossn's Clyde Marina on Monday afternoon.
Strathclyde Fire & Rescue staff from Kilwinning and Ardrossan Community Fire Stations attended a fire in the engine room compartment of the tug at the Marina around 2.45pm.
A spokesman said that the fire had started in the generator in the engine room, at which point the ship's own fire suppression system had kicked in.
For the full story see this week's Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald.