HUNTERSTON WILL HELP POWER THE OLYMPICS
Gillian McGee • Published 16 May 2012 09:30 0 Comments
ENERGY from a North Ayrshire power station will help power the Olympic Games in Lnodon this summer.
EDF Energy's nuclear fleet, including Hunterston, will provide about 80 per cent of the low carbon electricity for the Games with the remaining 20 per cent coming from renewable sources it was revealed last week.
For each unit of mains electricity used on the Olympic Park EDF Energy will provide a unit generated from low carbon nuclear and renewable sources to the national grid.
For the full story see this week's Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald.