McBookie Ayrshire District League



RAMPANT Winton hit managerless Vics for six at Dam Park to maintain their fine run of form.

The hosts had the first effort in the opening minute when Graeme Barbour had a header comfortably saved by Bryan Tucker. However Rovers took the lead a minute later when Michael Lennox played a ball in from the right to Jamie McKenna and although his shot was blocked by goalie Martin Fraser, the ball went in the air and Thomas Donovan headed it home.

Vics had a great chance in nine minutes when a Craig Fraser free-kick was headed back towards Tucker’s goal by a defender and then an Isaac Kerr’s header came back off the post before Bryan Tucker saved Graeme Barbour’s follow-up shot and finally Jordan Boyd saw his on-target shot deflected by a grounded defender.

Rovers made them pay two minutes later when they were awarded a penalty. A good move down the left saw the ball played into the box, it ran on to Steven Tan and as he made for the line he was brought down by Jordan Mullen and the referee pointed to the spot. Alan Muir made no mistake with his penalty, although Fraser got a hand to the ball.

McKenna then had a shot blocked and cleared in 16 minutes, just before Rovers got a third in 17 minutes when Blair Anderson sliced a low and hard Thomas Donovan cross into his own net at the far post.

McKenna then Thomas Donovan had shots go wide before Winton went 4-0 up with the goal of the game when a great passing move ended with the ball played back to McKenna about 30 yards out and he hit an unstoppable first time rocket shot past Fraser on the half hour. He doubled his tally four minutes later when a ball into the box found him unmarked in space on the far side and he controlled the ball before firing into the far side of the net to put Winton 5-0 up in just over half an hour.

Into the second half and Vics almost got a goal back when a Jordan Boyd shot hit the post but Rovers increased their lead when another good move by Winton saw the ball come out to David Orr who shot home.

Rovers' hopes of a first clean sheet of the season were ended when Blair Anderson played in Jordan Boyd who brought down the ball just inside the box and curled a shot into the net giving Bryan Tucker no chance to make it 6-1 in 64 minutes.

Vics then had a better spell, with Josh Sloan heading well over the bar then Lewis Kerr bringing out a save from Tucker. Winton were still pressing and playing some good football although there were no clear – cut chances. The last chance came with five minutes to go when Fraser came to the edge of his box to block a McKenna effort.

ARDROSSAN WR: Tucker; Davidson, Jamieson, McGregor, Slavin, Lennox, Donovan, Muir, Tan, Orr, McKenna. Subs: Jamieson, McMahon, Irvine, Cairnie.