McBookide Super League First Division



WINTON made the long trip to Hannah Park pitch looking to bounce back from defeat at home to Largs.

On a good playing surface play raged from end-to-end and it was a close contest.

Winton had the first real chance in two minutes when Gareth Turner brought down a Zak Birnie cross on the edge of the box but his shot went over the bar.

Five minutes later Jared Willet made two very good tackles on Danny Burns, who had chased a ball from Gary Campbell into the box, before playing the ball down to John Bradford who had the keeper to beat but the ball was cleared.

Shotts took the lead in 11 minutes when they were awarded a penalty after McKee had played the ball to Cairns out on the left wing who beat Darren Miller but was then brought down inside the box by the defender.

Danny Burns gave Dylan Caddis no chance with his spot kick to put the hosts in front.

The lead only lasted a couple of minutes when Winton were awarded a penalty after Dean Currie pushed over Gareth Turner just inside the box. Ryan Caddis slammed home the spot kick for his first goal since December to make it 1-1.

At this point Winton were playing some good football and in 18 minutes, a good free-kick from Miller into the back post was cleared by a defender.

In 23 minutes Shotts had the ball in the net but offside had already been awarded Rovers were still looking the more likely to score and Ryan Caddis then hit the outside of the post.

Just before half-time Ryan Ryan Caddis had a shout for a penalty turned down after he appeared to be brought down after he had run onto a ball down the right from Miller before cutting into the box.

Winton should have taken the lead in 39 minutes when Ryan Caddis, just inside the Shotts half, outstripped Maguire and from 40 yards out with only Whyte to beat he tried a lob but the poor effort went over the bar.

A minute later Bradford shot wide.

In 65 minutes Brash shot over the top and at the other end Bradford then went close with a curling 20 yard shot which went just wide.

Five minutes later striker Bradford wasted a good chance when a loose ball dropped to him on the edge of the box but passed to Zak Birnie who shot wide, Dylan Caddis came off his line in 72 minutes to take the ball off Burns as he ran into the box,

In 78 minutes Dylan Caddis made another good save from a McKee free-kick.

But the home side grabbed the lead in 82 minutes after some slack defending gave Campbell acres of space and plenty of time out on the by-line to pick out McPherson on the opposite side of the box and he hammered the ball home from 15 yards.

Winton can take heart from their overall display but must start scoring goals.

ARDROSSAN WR: D Caddis Miller, Marriott, Reid, Carson, Browning, Turner, R Caddis, Bradford, Birnie. Subs: Gemmel, Hayes, Wardrope, Colligan.