McBookie Super League Premier Division



TEN man Ladeside suffered another agonising defeat after a last minute goal from Hurlford.

Kilbirnie started the match brightly and were the first to create an opening when Davy Anderson slipped past two tackles before playing the ball into Forde, he helped it onto Martin Grehan who cut back onto his left before curling a tame effort straight at brown in the Hurlford goal. Hurlford were next to threaten when Robertson played the ball wide to McKenzie who fired in a low cross which Ross Robertson flicked goalwards but Kieran Hughes blocked his effort

A few minutes later Hughes was called into action again when a shot from distance by McKenzie took a deflection but the Ladeside keeper made a great save low to his left hand side.

Ladeside had a great chance midway through the first half when a corner went right to the far side and Grehan picked the ball up and fired back across goal but Kevin Turner was unable to get a clean strike from only eight yards.

Grehan had an effort deflected wide after a great through ball by Mick O’Byrne.

In 36 minutes a long ball through the centre of the Ladeside defence fell to Mitchell who looked to be clear in on goal but Davy Anderson made a fantastic tackle on the edge of the box. Ladeside then broke and Kyle Rafferty fed the ball into Grehan who cut the ball back to Forde to come inside and fire in an effort from 25 yards, but Brown saved easily. Hurlford then fired in a free-kick which Stewart Kean got on the end of but his header was straight at Hughes, Ladeside were then awarded a free- kick on the right hand side, Caolan McAleer crossing for O’Byrne but his powerful header went just wide.

Visiting skipper Ciaran Donnelly was booked 10 minutes after the break when he fouled Robertson on the edge of the box. McKillen then drove the free- kick straight into the Ladeside wall from a threatening position.

Two minutes later a McAleer corner found the head of O’Byrne but his effort towards goal was headed clear by Ross Robertson.

In 63 minutes Ladeside were reduced to 10 men when Donnelly picked up another booking for blocking a Hurlford player on the edge of the box.

Ladeside had a chance when a Forde free kick from the right found the head of Gold in the box but his effort was deflected wide.

O full-time minutes Brannan won a corner on the left which he whipped into the box but Brown punched the ball clear.

Hurlford then broke up the park through Nisbet who got away from Bennett and his cross found Kean in the centre of the box who didn’t connect cleanly but the ball still found its way low into the bottom corner.

KILBIRNIE LADESIDE: Hughes; Haxton, Bennett, Donnelly, O’Byrne, Anderson, McAleer, Rafferty, Forde, Grehan, Turner. Subs: Gold, Brannan, McKeown, Miller, Meechan.