McBookie Ayrshire District League



FORM team Winton extended their unbeaten run under boss Bryan Slavin to six games as they saw off new-look Muirkirk.

The visitors rang the changes with six new players signed on Thursday

In the opening minutes a strong defensive header by Andy McGregor in his own half saw Muirkirk keeper Paul McKane come well out of his box to head clear.

The opening 10 minutes were fairly scrappy but Rovers opened the scoring in 13 minutes when the ball was played out to Alan Jamieson on the left who got to the line rode a tackle and hit a low hard ball across the face of the goal to Jamie McKenna at the back post who made no mistake from close range. Muirkirk hit back five minutes later when Jay Burns had a free header comfortably saved by Bryan Tucker.

A minute later Larry McMahon brought out a save from McKane after he had been played in by Thomas Donovan.

In 27 minutes Muirkirk had a chance when Stephen Campbell got down the left and cut inside with Bryan Tucker getting a touch on his shot to put the ball out. Two minutes later Thomas Donovan got on the end of a flick on from McKenna in the box, but his curling shot went just wide.

Muirkirk were making a game of it and the next chance came in 37 minutes when a dangerous ball from Thomas Donovan out on the right was deflected out..

Winton doubled their lead just before the break when the ball was played out to Donovan on the right and his pinpoint cross was headed home by an unmarked Jamie McKenna There was drama just before the break when visiting player Jordan Conlon was shown two yellow cards.

'Kirk pulled a goal back in 47 minutes when Campbell was adjudged to have been fouled just inside the box and the referee awarded a penalty. The same player dusted himself down and gave Tucker no chance to make it 2-1.

Winton restored their two-goal lead in 54 minutes when Alan Jamieson ran on to a good ball down the left got into the box and shot across McKane and into the far side netting for his first goal for the club.

Rovers made it 4-1 when Donovan headed on a Jordan Cairnie free kick into the path of McKenna who volleyed the ball home at the back post for his second hat-trick in a row.

Muirkirk made it 4-2 in 65 minutes when Scott Steedman pulled another goal back.

Winton responded with a shot from McKenna, following some good build – up play, which brought out a good save from McKane a minute later.

The visitors who made it a one-goal game in 75 minutes when a poor header caused a mix up in the defence and Darren Hunter had the easy task of putting the ball into the empty net.

A minute from time, it was 5-3 when Donovan, who had another good game outstripped the defence to run on to a through ball, got into the box rounded McKane and walked the ball into the empty net for his third goal in two games. In time added on, McKenna made it 6-3 when McKane tried to put the striker’s shot over the bar but only put the ball over his head and it dropped into the net for McKenna’s fourth and his 16th of the season.

ARDROSSAN WR: Tucker; Ross, Davidson, McGregor, Cairnie, Jamieson, McMahon, Muir, McKenna, Donovan, Tan. Subs: Colligan, Lennox, Easdon, Cowie, Orr.