A STEVENSTON man accused of storming a Saltcoats property and making off with a three-figure sum of cash - after blasting a man with a stun gun - could be prosecuted at the High Court.

Steven Morrison, of Burnbank Street, Stevenston, and an unidentified alleged accomplice, are said to have targeted the property in Vernon Street, Saltcoats, earlier this month.

Morrison, 34, allegedly assaulted Sean Brannigan, 39, by using the stun gun on him, knocking him to the ground at around 10.30pm on Monday, February 3.

He is then said to have invaded the premises, punched Mr Brannigan on the head and demanded money from him in an attempt to rob him.

Prosecutors also claim that Morrison and his accomplice also assaulted Dylan Brannigan, by grabbing him by the body, placing him in a headlock and holding a knife at his head.

And he is said to have assaulted Charlene Pllu, 37, by punching her on the head, following her, pulling the stun gun and knife on her and threatening her with violence.

It’s also claimed the pair also stole £200 in cash during the alleged incident.

The matter was reported to police and an investigation was launched, with suspicion falling on Morrison during the probe.

He was held in police custody before appearing in the dock at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court earlier this month, to face five charges.

As well as being accused of assaulting the Brannigans and Miss Pllu, he faces a charge under the Firearms Act over the stun gun, and theft over the £200 he is said to have stolen.

He was represented by defence solicitor Amy Spencer during the private hearing, before Sheriff Michael Higgins.

He made no plea to the five charges against him and no motion for bail was made.

Sheriff Higgins continued the case for prosecutors to investigate further and remanded Morrison in custody.

Morrison made his second court appearance in connection with the case this week, again represented by Miss Spencer.

Prosecutors made no motion during the hearing, and Morrison made no plea.

He remains in custody, and no future court dates have been set, but it’s understood his case could be sent to the High Court to be prosecuted.

At the time the probe in to the incident was launched, Detective Sergeant Stephen McCulloch, of Saltcoats CID, said: “I’m appealing for anyone who may have seen the two suspects either before or shortly after the incident to contact us.”

Anyone with information should contact Police Scotland on 101, quoting incident number 3928 of February 3.