A LOCAL couple have set up a fundraiser to help residents of a block of flats in Beith recover after a ‘devastating’ fire.

Chloe Sharpe and Liam Morris set up a page in the hope that they could gather donations for all of those affected in the blaze at Medine Court last month.

Emergency services rushed to the building in the early morning where one female casualty was treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters attended with four appliances and had to use a high vehicle to extinguish the flames in the three-storey block.

A large portion of the roof was destroyed as was the inside of a flat that had undergone renovations during lockdown.

Liam is asking for any contributions no matter how small. He knows how it feels to have lost everything due a house fire.

One of the flats belongs to Chloe’s best friend and the couple know others who live in the property.

Liam’s fundraiser on GoFundMe is for all ‘affected in the devastating fire’.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “We were alerted at 4.26am on Friday, September 25, to reports of a dwelling fire in Medine Court, Beith, North Ayrshire.

“Operations Control mobilised four appliances and a height vehicle to the scene, where crews worked to extinguish a fire within a three-storey building.

“One female casualty received a precautionary check up at the scene by paramedics for slight smoke inhalation.

“Firefighters left after making the area safe.”

You can donate to the cause by going visiting this page: gf.me/u/y2kudn