THIS is the moment a barbers in Kilwinning caught fire with flames and thick smoke captured on footage. 

Frew's barbers on Howgate (Main Street) was evacuated this afternoon after a blaze took hold at the back of the shop.

Owner Alan Frew and a customer were in the shop at the time. 

Black smoke could be seen billowing across the town. 

Thankfully no one was injured in the fire which started around 12.30pm.

READ MORE: Thick smoke billows across Kilwinning as crews tackle fire

Four appliances rushed to the scene to deal with the blaze which had gripped the two-storey building. 

A spokesperson for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were alerted at 12.32pm on Friday, November 27 to reports of a fire within a two-storey building on Main Street, Kilwinning, North Ayrshire.

"Operations Control mobilised four fire appliances and crews currently remain in attendance as they work to extinguish the flames.

"There are no reported casualties."