ARDROSSAN footballer Billy Gilmour was one of three former Chelsea teammates who were victims of a stalking campaign by a TikTok influencer.

Orla Melissa Sloan, who has more than 18,000 followers on the social media platform, pleaded guilty to causing "serious alarm or distress" by stalking the midfielder, who now plays for Brighton & Hove Albion, shortly after he moved on from Stamford Bridge.

The 21-year-old also pleaded guilty to two further charges relating to the stalking of Gilmour's former Chelsea teammate Mason Mount, and of harrassing another Blues star, Ben Chilwell.

Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard today, Wednesday, how Sloan's behaviour towards 21-year-old Gilmour had a “huge impact” on his life.

Sloan was found to have stalked Gilmour between September 10 and October 28 of last year - beginning shortly after the Three Towns star moved from Chelsea to Brighton.

The court heard how Gilmour had initially exchanged messages back and forth with the influencer.

They were then told of how midfielder went on to tell Sloan that he did not want this contact to continue, and did not want have a relationship with her.

However, in an effort to continue her contact with the Scotland international, Sloan claimed to him that she had fallen pregnant.

This was an allegation described in court as “completely fictitious”.

And it was something which went on to have a severe impact on Gilmour's life away from football.

“I don’t know who I can trust any more,” Gilmour told the court. 

“Some of the information would only have been known by people close to me.

“I have not been able to sleep and have had to take sleeping tablets.

“It’s had a negative effect on my performance and professional life.

“Being in a new town where I don’t have my friends or family, it’s really upsetting."

Sloan's crime against Gilmour was described as the most serious offence of those brought to the court on Wednesday.

Westminster Magistrates’ Court also heard how the 21-year-old Exeter woman had bombarded current Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount with messages over the course of four months after she slept with the England midfielder after meeting at a party at his team-mate Chilwell’s home in November 2020.

Prosecutor Jason Seetal said they stayed in contact for around six months before Mount "decided that the relationship was not going to progress".

Mount was then constantly messaged by the accused, leading to him blocking her phone number.

Sloan, however, would continue to purchase new phone numbers, 21 times, so she could continue to message the Chelsea star.

The court heard other messages were aimed at professional footballers, friends and family members, including left-back Chilwell.

Sloan pleaded guilty to three charges against her, and was granted unconditional bail.

District Judge Neeta Minhas adjourned sentencing to June 20 for reports to be prepared, telling Sloan that her offence against Gilmour crossed the custody threshold.