A SALTCOATS man convicted of killing a former community councillor in Largs and trying to murder his then partner has been hauled back to court after committing two more violent attacks.

Jamie Cameron carried out the assaults on two men while he was an inmate at Kilmarnock prison – attacking one of them with a bottle full of faeces and urine.

Cameron, now aged 30, was jailed for five years after attacking former Largs community councillor William McLachlan with a samurai sword in April 2014.

Mr McLachlan, 57, a former IBM worker, was left bleeding to death outside his home in the town’s Holehouse Road after a brief altercation between the pair.

Cameron, now a prisoner at HMP Shotts, was high on drink and drugs at the time of the attack.

He was jailed after pleading guilty to a charge of culpable homicide.

Cameron, whose last known address was in Canal Street in Saltcoats, already had a history of violence at the time of the shocking attack, despite being just 20 years old.

Six years later, after serving his sentence for the horrific attack on Mr McLachlan, Cameron was locked up again for attempting to murder his then partner in Largs.

He was found guilty by a jury of abducting the 24-year-old woman and carrying out a horrific assault on her in 2019.

The victim suffered bruising to her body, her right ear was almost severed, tendons on her hand were damaged, and she had a blunt force injury to her left eyebrow which required plastic surgery.

Cameron was sentenced to a minimum of four and a half years behind bars for after being convicted of attempted murder.

His latest court appearance came after he pleaded guilty to attacking a man at Kilmarnock prison by punching him on the head on February 22, 2021.

Cameron had also admitted assaulting another man on October 17, 2022 by throwing a bottle containing urine and faeces at him and others, with the contents striking the victim on the body.

Cameron – who was recently ordered to serve six months behind bars for yet another assault, this one carried out at the end of 2022, just weeks after the second prison attack – was ordered to serve a further 95 days behind bars for the two jail assaults.

While serving his sentence for killing Mr McLachlan, Cameron was himself stabbed – also at HMP Kilmarnock – after a fellow inmate accused him of bullying.

John Etchells, then 22, was handed a six-year sentence for attempting to murder Cameron inside the Ayrshire jail on August 7, 2015.

Cameron suffered a collapsed lung and damage to a heart valve in the attack.