Ladbrokes Premiership



NEVER-say-die Killie came from behind to snatch a point against Hibees.

And they could even have snatched all three had Youssouf Mulumbu not been denied twice by stunning saves from Ofir Marciano.

Home boss Steve Clark was disappointed his team had not won the game and said afterwards: "We didn't start the way I expected us to. Conceding in the first minute showed we weren't quite tuned in, then we gave someone a free header. My over-riding feeling is disappointment. I felt we dropped two points."

Killie got off to the worst possible start by conceding a goal in just 30 seconds. Scott Allan and Florian Kamberi combined to push the ball out to Lewis Stevenson and his 30-yard effort broke to Kamberi, who had made a run and he knocked the ball beyond Jamie MacDonald from close range.

Only eight minutes later the Edinburgh team doubled their advantage when defender Ryan Porteous jumped above the static Killie defence to sent a powerful header past MacDonald after he had latched on to a Scott Allan corner-kick.

Three minutes later MacDonald pushed away a drive from Jamie McLaren as Hibs went for the jugular.

Killie were then sparked into life and a Jordan Jones effort from 20 yards was deflected wide.

However in 38 minutes Hibs missed another chance when Allan slipped a pass to Kamberi, but MacDonald saved confidently.

In 43 minutes Killie were unlucky when a Jordan Jones effort from 20 yards crashed off the post. However in 57 minutes the winger got his name on the scoresheet when his curling left foot drive spun beyond Marciano and into the net.

Then in 61 minutes the hosts wer awarded a penalty when a Kris Boyd free-kick rebounded off the defensive wall to Alan Power, whose effort came off the arm of Porteous. Referee Kevin Clancy had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Boyd's effort was saved but the former Rangers man followed up to slam home the rebound.

But it ended in deadlock as Killie kept their unbeaten run going.

STARMAN: Greg Taylor 3

Jordan Jones 2

Alan Power 1.

KILMARNOCK: MacDonald; O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor, Power, Dicker, Mulumbu, McKenzie, K Boyd, Jones. Subs: Fasan. Erwin, Brophy, Tshibola, Simpson, Kiltie, Wilson.