McBookie League One
WINTON made changes from the side that lost at Lanark and Chris Lamb returned in goals.

 Stevie Wilson's team were looking to put their poor start behind them and get the three points in the first of three home league games in a row.

However, they got off to a bad start losing a goal in just three minutes, when Dylan McLaughlin was allowed time to bring the ball under control before firing home.

Greenock did most of the pressing in the early stages and Adam Houlihan had a 30 yard free kick saved by Chris Lamb in 13 minutes.  


Winton had their first real attempt when they won two free-kicks in quick succession.  The first from Jordan Bruce in 15 minutes was dealt with by the defence and the second three minutes late  on the edge of the box was hit into the wall by Del Kennedy and cleared.
At this point the visitors looked dangerous every time they went down the park while Winton couldn’t find their men with their passes and kept giving the ball away.  

In 22 minutes Houlihan headed a dangerous cross narrowly over the Winton bar as they kept up the pressure.  With half-time approaching Rory Campbell made a good run down the left and got to the line but his cut back was comfortably saved by Graham Black in the Greenock goal at his near post.  Just before half-time Greenock had two good chances before they doubled their lead

in 43 minutes when Scott Paterson rose and scored with a free header.

The first real chance after the break came in 57 minutes when Chris Lamb turned a 25-yard free-kick from Stuart Higgins round the post.  


Winton then started to have a bit of pressure and Black turned a Ryan McKie shot out for a corner on the hour. 
 A couple of minutes later Ian Cashmore replaced Martyn Brown and Dylan Hamilton replaced Michael Lennox as Winton went to three at the back.


 Rovers then started creating some real chances with a good opportunity falling Kennedy, which he was unable to convert on 68 minutes then Ian Cashmore shot over the bar from a good position just before Winton finally pulled a goal back when Jordan Bruce hit an unstoppable shot from about 25 yards past Black to make it 2-1 in 73 minutes. 

Kennedy then had a great chance to equalise with five minutes left when a well-worked free- kick saw him in the box with just the keeper to beat but his shot was saved by Black.  Greenock got a third goal in time added on when Andrew Guthrie was bundled over just inside the box and the referee pointed to the spot.  Guthrie scored from the spot to make it 3-1.  Kennedy almost pulled one back almost on the final whistle, but he headed Jordan Bruce’s free kick wide.